Today we live in a materialistic world with beauty being defined as a certain characteristic of a person, animal, place, object or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure or satisfaction. But what this world doesn’t knows is that beauty is not always about our outside looks it’s all about our inside personality also. It’s this glamour that has snatched the true meaning of beauty from our minds “Simplicity”.
People today especially women get blown away by the makeup advertisements. As makeup nowadays is said to be empowering and beauty brands that leave no stones unturned in marketing their products. In this process they leave out some very important information from, the consumers. Believe me or not but if we knew the truths that these types of industries are hiding from us, we would look at the cosmetics products differently.
1. Mica, one of the most important mineral which is used to add sparkle in cosmetics involves thousands of children working in mines.
2. It is more quantities of lead in the lipsticks of darker shade.
3. Formaldehyde which is an agent with the capacity to cause ca-cer in humans is used in several cleansers, moisturisers and other beauty products.
4. Some lipsticks also contain fish scales. As it possess glowing pearl like quality.
5. Methods are deployed to extract mucus from captive snails for use in moisturisers.
6. There are such creams and face masks that use placental extracts and animals are slaughtered for their uterus.
7. Female cochineal bugs are dried in the sun and smashed to extract Carmine used in your lipsticks.
8. Chemicals used in nail polishes can be harmful.
9. You don’t always need to throw away the broken compacts as they could be fixed by pressing it together back in tin using the spoon and by adding a bit of rubbing alc-ol to smoothen the powder.
10. All collagen boosting creams and serums cannot really increase collagen in your skin.
All I want to say is that every person is beautiful no matter how they look what matters how they feel about themselves. Then also from next time before buying, any makeup products have a look at its ingredients and buy only vegan.
Kailey – I guess it varies with people, because my grandma loved anything dairy, and she had amazing skin. at 80 she looked no older than her mid 60s
Andrew – I’d love to see people’s sources for these. Like how sleeping on your left side can magically make your lymphatic system work better
Erline Leady – The catch with giving up gluten and dairy products is that it’s nearly impossible and extremely expensive to do so. A half gallon of Lactaid milk is the same price as a full gallon of whole milk. And people charge out the nose for any gluten free products. There’s just no point. The only reason to give up dairy and gluten is if you have an allergy or intolerance. Acne is part of life. You can reduce it, but changing your entire diet over the marks on your face is just not financially reasonable.
Denise – This makes me feel a lot more sympathy than I used to for the girls in my grade who put on a full face of makeup every single day. I still feel scorn towards them, but not as much.